Instructors

***We copy/pasted your bios for this site, but you might consider re-writing to include student-centered language. For instance: “Hi, I’m [name], your instructor for [course]. In addition to teaching at Guttman, I [other professional things]. I understand that you have a life outside of this course; I do too. Outside of work, I enjoy [a hobby, to connect with students].” <– This is an example, decide for yourself what tone to establish with students.

Tom Martin received his PhD from Oxford University, UK, in 2019. His current research continues to investigate the sensory aspects of practical understanding, while also considering the humanistic potential of craft learning within and beyond the paradigm of liberal education. He teaches Ethnographies of Work at Guttman Community College.
Tom Martin
(House Leader/EOW)
Elizabeth Wentworth
(Mathematics)

Dr. Elizabeth Wentworth’s doctoral dissertation investigated the integration of music instruction in the high school mathematics classroom. Since beginning at Guttman in 2016, her focus has been primarily on teaching. Prior to teaching at Guttman, Dr. Wentworth taught three years of high school mathematics and coached the high school mathematics team, as well as the Academic Decathlon team. At Guttman, Dr. Wentworth teaches Quantitative Reasoning, Elementary Algebra, College Algebra, and Precalculus. Dr. Wentworth worked with several of her colleagues on the creation of OER for the Precalculus and Algebra courses at Guttman.